Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Amanda's Place

I have been taking pictures all year long from "Amanda's Place". While I was able to spend time with Dean doing a mommy and me class, Abby attended the "sibling class" in the room next door. With this, Abby went to "Ms. Karlene" twice a week for an hour and one-half each time. At the start, Abby asked "where did mommy go" about 15 times, and each day she asked less and less. Her class was set up as a miniature morning of preschool, starting with playtime, art project, circle/story-time, music, snack, and stamps/stickers at the end, when moms come pick the kids up. I cannot say enough about the program and how good it has been for all of us, especially Abby. We have had an amazing experience and I couldn't be more happy that we signed up and made the drive down to Pompano Beach!

Dean was only three months old when we began... so little!!




Abby's first art project last November.... such a proud girl....




I think Dean was about six months old here...



Crawling around and exploring....







More climbing around.......





Big boy walking around...




Dean didn't particullary care for our version of "Happy Birthday". It was finally his turn to have it sung to him, and as you can see he thought we were a bit out of tune ;) We decided to try twinkle twinkle next, which made him happier!





More walking around....



Here are some pictures from Abby's last week of Amanda's Place. We are sad she won't be able to go anymore. Once the babies turn one, the "sibling class" ends. So, Abby will be off to preschool. Dean and I plan to keep going, but I know it won't be the same.... I am already having separation anxiety. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?




No comments: